Attorney Matthew W. Odgers is the owner and founder of Odgers Law Group, a law firm based in San Diego, California that focuses its energy on working with small business owners in the areas of Dentistry, medicine, and entrepreneurship.
The practice services healthcare professionals in San Diego in both the dental and medical fields with an emphasis on practice transitions, employment agreements, office leases, practice compliance, dispute resolution and more.
After graduating from Purdue University in three years with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Forensic Science, Matthew Odgers spent a year in Seoul, Korea teaching English. He also studied International Law abroad in Hangzhou, China, and attended the Rule of Law in China conference during the Summer of 2011. Matthew Odgers earned his Juris Doctor and his Certificate in Global Legal Studies from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California.
Matthew Odgers continues to devote part of his solo practice to pro bono legal work that centers on helping Nigerian citizens with asylum applications and active duty and retired military members with estate planning through his “Protecting Those Who Protect” project.
Matthew Odgers is a member of several local, regional, and international organizations, including the California Bar Association, the Trusts & Estate Section of the California Bar Association, the Business Law Section of the California Bar Association, and Wealth Counsel.
Attorney Matthew Odgers Featured in the San Diego Attorney Journal
- 2019 Superlawyers- San Diego Rising Stars
- 2018 San Diego Attorney Journal- Attorney of the Month- Cover Feature
- 2018-Superlawyers- San Diego Rising Stars
- 2018 Nominated San Diego Top Business Leaders under 40
- 2017- Superlawyers- San Diego Rising Stars
- 2017- Best of the Bar 2017- San Diego Business Journal
- 2016- Entrepreneur 360 Top Entrepreneurial Company
- 2016- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Avvo 10 out of 10 rating in Business Law and Estate Planning
- 2016- Best of Bar 2016- San Diego Business Journal
- 2014 Young Attorney Award- The Daily Transcript
- Juris Doctorate- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts- Purdue University, West Lafayette
- San Diego Attorney Journal: From Confusion to Clarity for Dentists and Physicians
- SDVoyager: Meet Attorney Matthew Odgers from Odgers Law Group
- DentistryIQ: The first step toward buying a dental practice: The Letter of Intent
- San Diego County Bar Association: The Importance of Formulating an Exit Strategy
- DentistryIQ: Asset Purchase versus stock purchase in dental practice purchases
- Traveling to new places
- Spending time with family and dogs (Woodson, a mini Dachshund and Nixon, a Great Dane)
- Purdue Basketball and Football